Social media has rapidly evolved in the last decade. Unfortunately, so have hackers. Here are some tips for staying safe on Facebook, which hackers have started manipulating to steal users’ private information.
- Be cautious of quizzes requiring you sign in or provide personal information
- Treat email addresses like cash
- Don’t always trust links from friends
- Hover over hyperlinks, before clicking on them, to make sure you recognize the URLs
- Only participate in quizzes from reputable companies that protect data
Source: Florida Center for Cybersecurity
Stay safe friends!